A New Beginning, Marriage Intensive Retreat, Safety Harbor, FL Sept 14-16
A Weekend to Restore Your Marriage and Make it Loving Again
Join us for a 3 day/2 night, Marriage Intensive Retreat which includes 12 facilitated sessions, coaching and counseling support, and workbooks and materials for two. Retreat begins at 7:00 PM Friday Evening and ends Sunday afternoon at 4:00 PM.
Safety Harbor, Florida September 14-16, 2018
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa
105 North Bayshore Drive
Safety Harbor, Florida 34695
Unlike other programs which commonly charge from $5,000-$7,500,
Space is Limited
For room reservations, please contact Safety Harbor Resort at (727) 726-1161.
“We came here stressed and disconnected, with some serious challenges before us. This gave us what we needed to get our marriage back on track and our hearts together again.”
Family Physician, Married 26 years
Every year hundreds of couples travel from all across the nation to attend one of Cornerstone's Christian Marriage Intensives, offered at various locations across the United States each month.
Why? Because Cornerstone's nationally renown Marriage Intensive Program, with an 86.3% success record, offers a proven alternative to traditional long term, hourly counseling approaches which typically take 12-15 weeks. Other programs utilize a group counseling approach which requires self-disclosure and can be uncomfortable for many. Our program offers a private approach based on current leading research and timeless biblical principles and applications developed over more than 25 years of experience working with thousands of couples in distressed marriages .
Cornerstone's twenty-two hour, intensive weekend provides participants adequate time, with the privacy and professional support needed to deal with pertinent issues head-on. Our approach addresses issues not only psychologically, but spiritually and most often results in an internal change of heart. It is a change of heart that results in a renewed ways of thinking, and behaving. It is lasting change that can turn a marriage around, and put you on the path to life-long love.
How? Over the course of a three-phase, closely guided intensive weekend, our team of marriage counselors, coaches and facilitators walk couples on a practical “step-by-step” journey utilizing therapeutic projects and exercises which reveal the hidden barriers and issues that have been harmful to the spouses and their marriages, and have kept their relationship from thriving.
- Even if your marriage has become conflicted, cold, or distant; regardless of what negative feelings you may have toward each other now, experiencing this weekend can dramatically change your relationship. Just as it has for thousands of others, experiencing this life-changing marriage restoration weekend can put you and your spouse on the road to recovery and life-long love.
Our program starts before you arrive for the weekend intensive. After you register, we ask you and your spouse to each complete a couple’s “Confidential Marital Relationship Assessment" which gives us your and your spouse's perspective on the presenting issues in your relationship. This helps us better understand what the focus of the weekend will be in working with you.
Agenda For the Weekend
Starting with our first session on Friday evening we begin by laying the foundation and groundwork needed to embark upon a marriage restoration journey which promises to be an intensive, yet very rewarding one.
On day two we begin walking you and your spouse step by step through each aspect of an in-depth healing process. This "hands-on process" is crucial to helping you as a couple achieve a deep level of healing in your hearts and relationship, from the least to the worst of painful past events in your relationship.
Accomplishing this step then enables the two of you to work together with much less tension and a greater sense peace and unity. We then guide you through practical steps to identify and address unresolved issues, re-establish your emotional connection, utilizing proven, practical, state-of-the-art tools to rebuild communication, closeness, and friendship. By the end of the retreat on Sunday, most couples have experienced major healing in their relationships and have started to become much more secure and connected in their relationships.
Finally, we assist you in developing a personalized plan for making attitudinal and behavioral life changes, and equipping you with tools to take those crucial next steps that will lead to a healthier, happier marriage. Our after-care program is strategically designed to support the changes and skills developed from the the weekend.
- You'll be will be challenged and empowered to take an honest look at yourself and your marital relationship, put the past behind, deal with relevant issues and rediscover the feeling of love you once had in your marriage.
- Discover timeless principles and practical tools for your marriage and a proven process that can restore your feelings of affection for each other, bring lasting change, and make your marriage loving again.
- Because certain male and female gender differences can cause immeasurable conflict in a marriage that can pull a couple apart, you’ll gain insights and understanding to accept each others “differentness”, and how to leverage those differences to create more harmony and closeness in your relationship.
- You'll gain invaluable insights from marriage counselors coaches and facilitators who are real and down-to-earth, who share personal examples you can relate to and tools you can readily apply. We'll work with you on hard stuff in a serious, problem-solving way, and yet at times in a humorous and fun way.
- Gain new insights into the attitudes and actions that restore love and make a vibrant marriage again.
- You’ll gain and use practical tools and relationship skills that help you improve communication, understand each other's needs, and practical ways to meet them, minimize frustration and actually experience greater fulfillment in your relationship.
In short- you’ll re-discover more love for each other and get closer to each other than you ever dreamed possible.
- Experience a life-changing weekend as you spend time together away from the distractions and pressures of everyday life
Who Should Attend?
- Couples who feel distant or pulled apart by stress and pressures, and want a closer relationship.
- Couples who are not satisfied with their relationship due to conflict or communication difficulties.
- Couples recovering from a trauma, crisis or other major hurt such as an affair, unemployment, death in the family, separated, or trying to decide whether to stay together.
- Couples who simply want to enrich their relationship, communicate better and enhance their level of intimacy. This is an non-denominational program and couples from all backgrounds are welcome.
Format & Schedule
The program is not conducted in a therapy group format. In fact, nobody is asked nor expected to share their problems with anyone except their spouse and of course a counselor. The format consists of closely guided exercises, experential learning activities, scriptural teaching, relationship skills training, and application projects done both privately, and as a couple.
Program begins Friday at 7:00 PM and concludes on Sunday at 4:00 PM.
Convenient After-Care Up Program
Following the weekend, you are eligible to participate in our “MarriageBuilders” after-care program designed to help you stay on a positive track of growth and development going forward in your New Beginning. The “MarriageBuilders Tool Kit” consists of four audio sessions with Study Guides and Couple Projects. Optional tele-counseling/coaching is also available following the weekend. Additional information and registration will be offered at the Retreat Weekend.
Space is Limited
Important: Hotel Registrations Must Be Made Directly Through
the Hotel in the Cornerstone Block of Rooms
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Your registration fee is refundable, minus a $50 per person processing fee provided it is cancelled in writing at least 30 days prior to the Marriage Renewal Weekend you are registered for. Registrations made or cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event are not refundable for any reason. However, your registration will be transferred to another Marriage Renewal Retreat (costs for lodging and meals not included), within one year of the date of the retreat you were originally registered for. Please understand that while our mission at Cornerstone Marriage & Family Ministries is a Christian one, we are obligated to operate in accordance with business practices just as businesses are. In order to serve our clients, we make advance commitments to secure adequate meeting and lodging space, support personnel, counselors, program materials and resources. Therefore, we simply cannot make exceptions to our cancellation policy, but must adhere to this policy without exception, including emergencies. Please understand that this is not intended to be in any way uncaring or harsh, but it is a business reality that the ministry is obligated to, and one we ask you to accept when registering for an event. Thank you for understanding and agreeing to these terms.
The American Association of Christian Counselors
The Marriage and Family Counselors Network
Christian Counselors of Texas
The Association of Marriage and Family Ministries