A Weekend To Restore Your Marriage and Make It Loving Again
Dallas, TX, August 9-11, 2019
Join us for a three day/two night, Christian Marriage Intensive Weekend which includes online, marriage pre-assessment, eight experiential sessions, coaching and counseling support, project workbooks and materials for two. Retreat begins at 7:00 PM Friday evening and ends Sunday afternoon at 4:00 PM.
Please Read Prior to Registering
“We came here stressed and disconnected, with some serious challenges before us. This gave us what we needed to get our marriage back on track and our hearts together again.”
Family Physician, Married 26 years
Every year hundreds of couples travel from all across the country to attend one of Cornerstone's nationally recognized Christian Marriage Retreats offered at various locations across the country each month.
Why? Cornerstone's nationally renown program is among the most consistently effective programs, with a proven 86% success rate. Our unique approach offers a speedier recovery time than traditional "one-hour-a-week" marriage counseling which typically involves group therapy and takes considerably much longer.
How? Over the course of a three-phase, closely guided weekend, our team of Christian marriage counselors, coaches and facilitators walk you and your spouse “step-by-step” on a marriage restoration journey utilizing time-tested, biblically-based, therapeutic applications and exercises which reveal the hidden barriers, attitudes and behaviors that have been detrimental to your relationship and kept your marriage from thriving.
Our program begins before you arrive for your scheduled weekend intensive. We ask you and your spouse to complete a couple’s “Confidential Marital Relationship Assessment." The results from this assessment help us better understand your needs and challenges and helps you gain clarity about what your focus for the retreat needs to be. Starting with our first session on Friday, we begin by equipping you with the foundational concepts needed for you to embark upon a marriage restoration journey which promises to be a very challenging, yet rewarding one
On Saturday we begin walking you step by step through each aspect of a healing process crucial to helping you as a couple to address unresolved issues and understand each other's deepest needs and feelings. The weekend is designed to facilitate you and your spouse achieving a deep level of healing in your hearts and souls, from the least of hurts to the worst of past painful events in your relationship.
Accomplishing this crucial step enables you and your spouse to work together with less tension and greater unity. You are then guided through practical steps to re-establish your emotional connection and equipped to utilize practical tools to rebuild communication, connection, closeness, and friendship. By the end of the weekend, most couples have experienced deep healing in their relationships and have become much more secure and connected.
Lastly, we assist you in developing a personalized plan for making attitude and behavioral changes, and equipping you with tools to sustain a healthy, happy marriage. Our after-care program is strategically designed to support ongoing growth and change as well as develop critical skills acquired over the weekend.
- You and your spouse will be challenged and empowered to take an honest look at yourself and your marital relationship, put the past behind, address relevant issues and rediscover the feeling of love and affection you once had in your marriage.
- Even if your marriage has become conflicted, cold, or distant; regardless of what negative feelings you may have toward each other now, experiencing this weekend will dramatically change your relationship. Just as it has for thousands of others, experiencing this life-changing marital restoration weekend can put you and your spouse on the road to recovery and life-long love.
- Based on current leading research, timeless biblical principles, and our experience with hundreds of crisis marriages, this solution-oriented, marriage intensive weekend can give you insights, understanding and tools to help you deal with your marital issues head-on. You'll experience powerful insights that most often result in internal change of hearts and perspectives, that can turn your marriage around, and put the two of you on the path to life-long marriage.
- Discover practical, proven, Biblical tools for your marriage and a proven process that can restore your feelings of affection for each other, bring lasting change, and make your marriage loving again.
+ Because certain male and female gender differences can cause immeasurable conflict in a marriage that can pull a couple apart, you’ll gain insights and understanding to accept each others “differentness”, and how to leverage those differences to create more harmony and closeness in your relationship.
- Gain insight from marriage facilitators, coaches and counselors who communicate not only in a serious, problem-solving way, but who real, and fun, and who also share personal examples you can relate to and tools you’ll be able to readily apply.
- Gain invaluable new insights into the attitudes and actions that restore love and make a vibrant marriage again.
- You’ll gain and use practical tools and relationship skills that help you improve communication, understand each other's needs, and practical ways to meet them, minimize frustration and actually experience greater fulfillment in your relationship.
In short- you’ll re-discover more love for each other and get closer to each other than you ever dreamed possible.
- Experience a life-changing weekend as you spend time together away from the distractions and pressures of everyday life.
Who Should Attend?
- Couples who feel distant or pulled apart by stress and pressures, and want a closer relationship.
- Couples who are not satisfied with their relationship due to conflict or communication difficulties.
- Couples recovering from a trauma, crisis or other major hurt such as an affair, unresolved conflicts, unemployment, death in the family, separated, or trying to decide whether to stay together.
- Couples who simply want to enrich their relationship, communicate better and enhance their level of intimacy. This is an non-denominational program and couples from all backgrounds are welcome.
The program is designed for marriages dealing with issues such as:
Infidelity Broken Trust Pending Divorce Conflict
Angry Outbursts Disaffection Addictions Control Issues
Emotional Affair Emotional Neglect Communication Sexual Intimacy
The program is not conducted in a therapy group format. In fact, nobody is asked nor expected to share their problems with anyone except their spouse and of course a counselor. The format consists of closely guided exercises, experential learning activities, biblical-based teaching, relationship skills training, and application projects done both privately, and as a couple.
Program begins Friday at 7:00 PM and concludes on Sunday at 4:00 PM.
Convenient After-Care Up Program
Following the weekend, you are eligible to participate in our “MarriageBuilders” after-care program designed to help you stay on a positive track of growth and development going forward in your New Beginning. The “MarriageBuilders Tool Kit” consists of four audio sessions with Study Guides and Couple Projects. Optional tele-counseling/coaching is also available following the weekend. Additional information and registration will be offered at the Retreat Weekend.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Your registration fee is refundable, minus a $50 per person processing fee provided it is canceled in writing at least 30 days prior to the Marriage Renewal Weekend you are registered for. Registrations made or canceled less than 30 days prior to the event are not refundable for any reason. However, your registration will be transferred to another Marriage Renewal Retreat (costs for lodging and meals not included), within one year of the date of the retreat you were originally registered for. Please understand that while our mission at Cornerstone Marriage & Family Ministries is a Christian one, we are obligated to operate in accordance with business practices just as businesses are. In order to serve our clients, we make advance commitments to secure adequate meeting and lodging space, support personnel, counselors, program materials and resources. Therefore, we simply cannot make exceptions to our cancellation policy, but must adhere to this policy without exception, including emergencies. Please understand that this is not intended to be in any way uncaring or harsh, but it is a business reality that the ministry is obligated to, and one we ask you to accept when registering for an event. Thank you for understanding and agreeing to these terms.
The American Association of Christian Counselors
The Marriage and Family Counselors Network
Christian Counselors of Texas
The Association of Marriage and Family Ministries